Based in Hobart, Australia
July 25th, 2014
Press / Business contact:
91-93 Macquarie St
Hobart, Tas 7000
+61 421 407 402
Party Golf is a couchplay, 2D golf game for PS4 and Steam. Up to 8 people grab a controller, and the first one in the hole wins. Simple right? Well, Party Golf also allows players to customize almost every aspect of the game, resulting in a trillion trillion trillion different combinations. Every level is procedurally generated, and every hole is a new opportunity to customize your game, and try out one of over 300 unique game options. The game is easy to learn, but has a deep, and rewarding difficulty, if you choose to explore any of our 100+ unique game modes.
- 1-8 player couchplay golfing madness.
- Over 300 customizable settings, which can be changed during a round in progress. About to flunk your shot? Make yourself an enormous spinny banana.
- So easy to learn, even your 80+ year old grandma can get a kick out hurtling a flourescent purple elephant at a hole.
- So much depth, even the developers have no idea what all of the combinations can do.
- Powerups, checkpoints, coins, mines, and much more.
- Single-Player trials mode (featuring Online Leaderboards on Steam, coming to PS4 and Switch).
- PS4 Companion App. Grab your smartphone and mess with a game in progress. Make your 'friends' hate you even more.
- Twitch integration. Watch a stream, and vote for changes to a live-streamed game. The masses want explosive mines everywhere? Give the people want they want (Coming soon to Switch version)
HistoryIn the beginning
Party Golf was born during a 48 hour game jam (our very first) over Easter 2015. We set the challenge for ourselves where, at the end of the 48 hours, we would have a big party, and get our friends around to playtest our game. The party was not a flop, since Party Golf turned out to be insanely fun to play, even in the initial prototype. From that feedback, we knew we wanted two things: to give the player as much freedom as possible to play the game in their own way, and to never take the game too seriously.Gathering Momentum
At this stage, the team at Giant Margarita was working on Party Golf every chance we could. We realised that to get the game onto a serious platform like the PS4, would require significant capital, and planning. Our campaign was designed to get us the funds that would polish the game to a quality we would be proud of, hiring local artists and sound designers to round out the experience. We secured funding from Kickstarter, along with an investment from Screen Tasmania, which allowed us to take Party Golf to gaming conferences.Now
And here we are. Party Golf is on PS4 and Steam, and we're taking a well deserved break sipping refreshing beverages. Not really. We're workaholics. We're working on DLC, patches, new modes, and trying to find every person in the world who sorta likes golf, but would much prefer it if everyone shot at the same time, and every ball was banana shaped.
Party Golf Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Giant Margarita, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Most Indecisive Developers" - Far too many options
- "Sound Pollution Award" - Makes everyone shouty
- "Mum's Choice Award" - Our mums love it
- "A hell of a lot of fun."
- Alex Walker, Kotaku
- "It's really the abundant and felxible gameplay options that will make you want to bring it home."
- Meghann O'Neill, PC Powerplay
- "It is just a complete madhouse. It is insanity."
- Adam Kirk + Richard Haseman, Geek Mountain
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Founder, Lead Designer
Kristy de Salas